Team Nite Rydaz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Nite Rydaz

Yeah so this is the Team Nite Rydaz's forums.

5 posters

What motor to get for the race car?

Poll

What motor should the race car have in it?

[ 1 ]
    What motor to get for the race car? Bar_left25%What motor to get for the race car? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What motor to get for the race car? Bar_left0%What motor to get for the race car? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What motor to get for the race car? Bar_left25%What motor to get for the race car? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What motor to get for the race car? Bar_left50%What motor to get for the race car? Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Munnerlyn
    Munnerlyn

What motor to get for the race car? Empty What motor to get for the race car?

Post  Munnerlyn Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 am

Ok these are the realistic choices........Lets tell the truth........I'm going to give my opinion as the only option we really have is a d series.....Why not a v6 swap? It will cost 4-5k when its all said and done....A good set of mounts will be 500+ for this swap.....cable linkage trannys are like eating a sloppy joe with one hand, its messy.....The biggest regret Anthony ever had is installing a cable linkage tranny when he could have gone with a bsereies....I know honda tuning made an article on how cheap a v6 swap is, but the truth is its not cheap...Wiring is NOT cheap....Motor mounts are NOT cheap....and finding a good manual transmission is next to impossible....believe it....If we do a v6 swap well never finish it, its too big of a project, its easy to say we could do it, but harder to get the funds to do it.....I've built a project car before and the biggest problem is keeping it fair......believe me time progresses people will have money to spend on it at different times....this is why I preach about a d series, its cheap reliable fast and for a fraction of the price of any other options.....An H series would be nice but you can't boost a stock block over 8 pounds (maybe a little more) The walls of an h series are made out of fiber reinforced material (FRM) Unless heavily built h-series are a problem waiting to happen when introduced to forced induction.....I'm not saying a stock h-series doesn't put down fast track times....Anthony's ran a 13.5 on a completely stock h22a with LSD.......(Anthony had the nicest h22 tranny ever produced and it still was a piece of shit.....I have no love for h-series trannys....if doing an h-series swap, bseries is the only way to go and the conversion kits itself is over 1g) Ok now that weve talked about h-series and v6 swaps....lets talk about b series.....B-series are great can make alot of power, but they usually require alot of funds to get there.....I know justin pretty much has one and thats a viable option......but what if something fucks up on it.....Parts for a b-series are expensive...I mean you pretty much have to be rick ross to carry the spare parts needed for one.....I've got a lot of love for a b-series......as do most but its not the best alternative.....The reason people build d-series is the bang for the buck...d-series have already broken into the 9's (not saying thats what were aiming for) What else would you wan't to do? Honestly, I think building a d-series would be great to start a race car....Not many in the group have had experience building a motor from the ground up and everyone could learn something from it.....These are soley my opinoins but are backed by years of forum experience.......Refute a statement, and I'll find 100 posts to prove my point......lol.....but come on tell what you think...... cheers
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

What motor to get for the race car? Empty Re: What motor to get for the race car?

Post  Neji_1712_VP Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:39 am

i agree with what your sayin mike. d series are cheaper to build and its a good way to learn but since shank had a lot of b series parts i dont want that to go to waste so we need to talk about this build somemore and reach a agreement. Demon-SERIES OR LS-VTEC monster what dose everyone else think?
    YELLOW
    YELLOW

What motor to get for the race car? Empty Re: What motor to get for the race car?

Post  YELLOW Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:43 pm

whatever you guys want. im game. just finished selling chickens. tired like fxxx. well going to sleep. talk tomorrow
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 pm

yah me too. but like i was sayin we need to agree on the terms of this build so no one gets upset and says it unfair. i dont want to lose any friends of some bullshit disagreement.
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:01 am

Neji_1712_VP wrote:yah me too. but like i was sayin we need to agree on the terms of this build so no one gets upset and says it unfair. i dont want to lose any friends of some bullshit disagreement.

i have been dreaming of a v6 in a civic for a few years ever since i got that v6 accord and i had that 99civic si at the same time. but munny is right. v6 is expensive. but not if you are not in a time crunch. 6grand over 12months is a lot cheaper than 6grand over 6 months....CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!?!?!?!?!?

d-series-----i dont know much about....i am learning. i have 2 jdm dohc zc motors. 1 d16z6 head. 1 d16y8 head. 2 d15 longblocks. and 3 crx si trannies. 1 skunk2 intake manifold. and an aftermarket header.

b-series-----where do i begin. 2 ls short blocks. 3 b16 heads. itb's. skunk2 stg. 2 cams. stg. 3 crane cams. omni tit. dual valve springs and titanium retainers. skunk2 i/m. skunk2 70mm throttle body. 3 aftermarket headers. 2 exhausts for the crx. B-SERIES SWAP MOUNTS FOR CRX. B-SERIES SHIFT LINKAGE FOR CRX. ALL AXLES REQUIRED FOR B-SERIES INTO A CRX.....plus lots more

h-series--- 1 h22 long block.

you guys talk amongst yourselves and tell me what you think the best build would be.
    YELLOW
    YELLOW

Post  YELLOW Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 am

i would have to say b, cause you have most parts. i say that is where we should begin.
    Munnerlyn
    Munnerlyn

Post  Munnerlyn Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 am

yeah b or d, d is just cheaper in the long run although you have all the parts for a b justin (and I've always wanted to build a b).....man I think a v6 swap would be badass, but even 6 grand over 12 months is pretty steep for a group project car....
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Munnerlyn wrote:yeah b or d, d is just cheaper in the long run although you have all the parts for a b justin (and I've always wanted to build a b).....man I think a v6 swap would be badass, but even 6 grand over 12 months is pretty steep for a group project car....

500 a month for 3or4 people to go in on isnt that steep. thats cheap in my opinion. but i got a shit tons of b-series. so i think that is the way.
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:14 pm

yah i think we should do b-series for now then move on to something bigger like a inline six monster. but let focus on this B...east.
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Neji_1712_VP wrote:yah i think we should do b-series for now then move on to something bigger like a inline six monster. but let focus on this B...east.

when i get bored with the hondas i will sell them all and buy a gas saving hybrid and help build an I6. may be sooner than expected. lol
    Scarface
    Scarface

Post  Scarface Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 am

dude we could build a v8 monster!!! amagad!!! mike....sanda we could get big mike to come in and help us lmaooo especially since hes going to throw a 350 in that old rx7 that mike had and beat our hatch...lol
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:35 am

Scarface wrote:dude we could build a v8 monster!!! amagad!!! mike....sanda we could get big mike to come in and help us lmaooo especially since hes going to throw a 350 in that old rx7 that mike had and beat our hatch...lol

ummmm no!!!!
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:44 pm

lol! mang fuck that nigga v8 dumbass idiot ran a 9 sec on a 1/4 mile in first gear i call bullshit on that and im sure hes a dumb fag. anyone else agree with me?
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Neji_1712_VP wrote:lol! mang fuck that nigga v8 dumbass idiot ran a 9 sec on a 1/4 mile in first gear i call bullshit on that and im sure hes a dumb fag. anyone else agree with me?

i agree
    YELLOW
    YELLOW

Post  YELLOW Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 pm

same here
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:01 pm

yah i worked with that fool back at wal mart and he would always talk about how fast he is. fucken dumbass.
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:32 am

Neji_1712_VP wrote:yah i worked with that fool back at wal mart and he would always talk about how fast he is. fucken dumbass.

come on guys give the guy the benefit of the doubt. he may just want some new friends and is trying to relate to us.

wtf am i talking about.....guys a deuche
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:29 pm

i dont thin we are ready to build a project car for the car cuz we really didnt talk about it and im sure shank is goin to get rid of all the bseries parts but maybe next time cuz no one is really tryin to make this happen so yah lets talk about this team project car in the future.
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Neji_1712_VP wrote:i dont thin we are ready to build a project car for the car cuz we really didnt talk about it and im sure shank is goin to get rid of all the bseries parts but maybe next time cuz no one is really tryin to make this happen so yah lets talk about this team project car in the future.

if we were gonna build a track/team car then i wouldnt sell them all.....but nobody is hardcore about it except me. so instead i am just gonna build a new chapter in my life. ITS WANKEL TIME!
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:36 pm

yah i know but like i said everyone isnt into the idea of a team project car. im down for it but one minute u want to keep the rex then sell it but since u have the fc i think u should focus on that build. if anyone else disagree with me about the porject car then let me know what ur thinking? so far only me shank mike and toms been talkin about it but................idk.
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Neji_1712_VP wrote:yah i know but like i said everyone isnt into the idea of a team project car. im down for it but one minute u want to keep the rex then sell it but since u have the fc i think u should focus on that build. if anyone else disagree with me about the porject car then let me know what ur thinking? so far only me shank mike and toms been talkin about it but................idk.

the only reason i decided to move on is cuz i knew a couple said they were down for a project car but i saw no action. the only time it was brought up was when i brought it up. so i didnt think it was serious. so i started moving on. wasnt gonna wait around forever.
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:49 pm

oh yah i know what u mean i see it to but i say we just wait until some money is saved and get everyone involved, thats all im saying. yah i know u bring it up but i didnt know what u brought for the project and what u brought for urself. u talked about all motor ls vtec with itbs then d series turbo then ls vtec turbo. so i was hopein to come to an agreement at the meet up and talk with everyone but that didnt seem important to everyone else. i might not talk about the project car as much as u shank but i alway kepted it in mind. but i think the best thing is to just wait until money is saved and everyone is into it like me and u shank.
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Neji_1712_VP wrote:oh yah i know what u mean i see it to but i say we just wait until some money is saved and get everyone involved, thats all im saying. yah i know u bring it up but i didnt know what u brought for the project and what u brought for urself. u talked about all motor ls vtec with itbs then d series turbo then ls vtec turbo. so i was hopein to come to an agreement at the meet up and talk with everyone but that didnt seem important to everyone else. i might not talk about the project car as much as u shank but i alway kepted it in mind. but i think the best thing is to just wait until money is saved and everyone is into it like me and u shank.

i have a better idea!!!

team nite rydaz SUPER DORIFTO MACHINE!!!

i build the cars.. and everybody else helps keep me on some good tires!!
    Neji_1712_VP
    Neji_1712_VP

Post  Neji_1712_VP Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:54 pm

sound good but i really want to save for my s13 u know. nissan power baby lol.
    Da_MAD1_1712
    Da_MAD1_1712

Post  Da_MAD1_1712 Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Neji_1712_VP wrote:sound good but i really want to save for my s13 u know. nissan power baby lol.

i know..i was kidding.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm